Monday, November 23, 2009

New CD being completed....release set for late Jan or early Feb


Mixing the last two tracks of my latest CD (and first entirely solo CD I might add), "Fear Is Not The Natural State Of Civilized People", the second release on Urban Nerds Records, tomorrow at the amazing Wayne Peets. We have to mix the tracks "Aung San Suu Kyi" and "Fela Kuti". I am going to track some bass on "Aung San..." as well, easier than fixing, I just want to tighten up the melody between me and Wadada and I want to follow his phrasing closer. Can't wait, CD is coming out very nicely and I am hoping to have a January or February release date. Fantastic playing by Sarah Phillips on piano, Scott Collins on guitar, Craig Bunch on drums, and of course Wadada Leo Smith on trumpet.

CD is a concept album about political prisoners and freedom fighters and includes tracks for Goyathlay (Geronimo), Gandhi, Aung San Suu Kyi, and Fela Kuti. In these times, I think it is time that people look closely at human rights again, it seems that things are getting worse and most of the world seems to be okay with the idea of holding people prisoner without any real due cause and without due process as long as its not them.

No comments:

Post a Comment